Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Yeah, I've Been Watching.

It's been awhile; I'm busy with life. Just closed out a frustrating 6th grade football season with two straight wins. Final record 2-6. Glad it's over. Also, I just found out that I have a new daughter coming in 26 days, and, you will love this, I am a lawyer. Back to work, old man. College and weddings and Bears.

I watched the Bears play one great defensive half of football and steal a win in Green Bay. Possible season saver. Then, an absolute disgraceful performance against Minnesota...quoting Michael Corleone..."IN MY HOME! WHERE MY WIFE SLEEPS, WHERE MY CHILDREN PLAY WITH THEIR TOYS!" The Bears defense must return the title of "formidable defense." As my Jewish buddy says, "They are an ashande to the goyim." That means "they suck." I can't even talk about this, I will break out in hives.

I have been in this situation before. By situation, I mean where the season is over by week 7. These are the Chicago Bears; lousy seasons are not rare. That is when you must find the college game, or even better, high school football. If you feed the addiction by overdosing on ballgames Friday night and Saturday, you can actually go to the mall, shop, miss the Bears game, avoid the gut-punch fallout after they play like crap, and actually enjoy a Sunday in autumn. Much easier to do if you live downtown-lots to do. In WESTBURBIA, it's the mall.

As for this week, wait who do they play, oh yeah, Philly at Philly. By the way, the cheesesteak, not overrated. The Eagles are reeling. Nothing like a late afternoon with Lovie to get them healthy. That's pessimistic, but I am pissed. A rookie running back sets an all-time rushing record against a Bears defense that supposedly turned the corner. Our running back can't stop slamming into the backs of his own lineman. We pay him millions to sniff their asses. Where is that hydrocortisone cream? I am itchy.

1 comment:

KatMcQ said...

Just found out?! Just found out?!?!? You really need to get your head out of your ass.