Thursday, March 13, 2008

It's Over Johnny...IT"S OVER!

The Wire has ended. My favorite TV show of all time ended its run this past Sunday. I have to say, I'm sad. I don't watch any other fictional television show. I will not be watching another anytime soon. I will miss the stories, the lines and the great acting. I recommend to anyone who has a hankering for a "killer time" to watch the first 3 episodes of Season 1 on DVD. If you aren't hooked, then don't waste your time. Once you are in however, you will be in for the TV ride of your life. When Kathleen and I got hooked during season 3, we got the first 2 seasons on DVD and would watch 3 episodes in a row. I will really miss the show.

To mourn properly, one needs an indulgence. My latest, the oatmeal chocolate chip cookies at Potbelly. Berry Goot. Maybe a corn muffin from Dunkin' Donuts. Or a bag of Dark chocolate peanut M&M's. A tip for you young people, if you eat a whole big box of DOTS in one sitting, the inside of your mouth gets swollen from the sugar overdose. You may need a stop at the ER. It is like an oral allergic reaction to a bee sting.

Our Dairy Queen has been open for 3 weeks. I should be feeling better soon.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Love those Potbelly cookies! I watched the first episode of season 1, and look forward to continuing. Thanks for lending it to me!

MBK said...

Sigh -- there are no DQ's down undah. However, we have Trampoline which will tide us over until our return to the States. Here's my favorite:
http://www.trampolinehq.com.au/Products/Gelato/OpenSesame.aspx

Colleen Howell said...

This one time, a kid ate pop rocks and then drank coke and his head exploded. Similar to your "dots swollen tongue". HA!