Thursday, June 21, 2007

Back From B-BQ Land

Back from a family trip. Springfield, IL. to Memphis, Tn. No football in the state capital. Memphis has the Liberty Bowl but no NFL team to speak of. That is all the football news I have. I love the South; Great town, great food and Beale Street (Great music). I would love to go back with my wife and no kids. That would be called a "vacation."

I also found out that my last child will be a feminine child. Some people (see: Males) have expressed some sympathy for me. Also, they have mentioned my love of football in this context. Please, don't waste your sympathy on me. I couldn't be happier. As far as I can tell or have been told, the baby is doing great. My wife is doing fine. That is all I need. Football is a hobby. The family is my life. I can share my life and life lessons with my girls. That is a unisex type of job.

As for my hobby, I really need it to begin. It is a great diversion for my mind. This new eating and exercising lifestyle is doing wonders for my physical health. My mental health is kind of shot. I feel stressed out, man. Football is my great escape. One day, I hope one of my kids goes to an SEC school, Vanderbilt maybe. That would be some Dad's weekend trip. B-BQ, beer and ball. A guy can dream.

No comments: