Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Sipping on Juice...With My Mind on My Money

I am sitting here at the computer with Mary Cate, who will be two years old tomorrow. Mary wants to write about juice and the two dollar bill that she is holding. I am feeling good about the contract extension for CB Nathan Vasher. Five years, $24 million with $14 million of that up-front and guaranteed. The next move is Peanut Tillman's extension. Locking up two excellent man-to-man cover corners is a Jerry Angelo move, "Reward production." The Bears sign their core guys to extensions before the player's free agent season. Read Vasher's comments to the press. Here is a guy who was realistic in his wants and was thrilled with the financial security provided in this deal. He wants to be a Bear and is paid like the Pro-Bowler that he is. Everybody Wins. Now after Tillman is extended, there will be no money to EVER pay Lance Briggs. Boo Hoo.

Now for the juice. The murder-suicide of professional wrestler Chris Benoit is a disgusting story. When I here people say that Benoit was an all together good and down-to-earth guy, I blame steroids. That "sport" is rampant with unchecked drug use. Look at the list of wrestlers who have died before the age of 45 over the past decade. It is horrible. This is the result of indiscriminate steroid use. Prove me wrong.

Money and juice.

No comments: