Thursday, July 26, 2007

It's Here!

When the clock strikes midnight, the Bears will all be in camp. The season will have officially begun. I am ready. I am very optimistic about this season. That is not always the case. However, Jerry Angelo did a great job this off-season with the business of Bears football. This season, the Love Muffin will do his job. The defense is back, intact. Folks, don't sweat the yardage. It's all about turnovers and points allowed. Our D is great in both of those categories.

As for the O, well, never underestimate the power of the contract year. Rex, we will know if you will stay or go. It is time for the Benson test. Let's see a healthy Mark Bradley for 16 games. I can tell you that I see good things coming from the offensive side of the ball.

The Bears are a playoff team. Especially in the NFC North. I have been a sceptic in the past. Not this year. A good, tough schedule will test and season our Bears. By playoff time, they will be a better football team than last year. Better and more consistent. Plus, we have Robbie Gould!!!

I cannot wait to kick it off. First pre-season game, Saturday August 25 v. SanFrancisco. Come on out to the parking lot. We are grilling it up for the new season.

1 comment:

davidw726 said...

I'm not quite there yet.

The end of the Super Bowl last year it was a disappointment sure. But, after it was all said and done I didn't feel any withdrawl whatsoever. If anything I was relieved it was over. The level of excitment every game just got more and more intense. Last season was really great. Every week building and building into the playoffs.
The sad part of the NFL and ESPN is everyday during this off season there has been somthing abot he NFL. Every half hour of sports center had somthing about the players, coaches, ect. whatever. It seems like there hasn't been any kind of break. Its too much of a good thing.
I suppose as the pre-season gets closer I will start to get more excited. Right now I'm just not there yet.