Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Neil Young is SO RIGHT.

In 1982, I saw Ozzy Osbourne perform live at the Rosemont Horizon. I loved Ozzy. He rocked. He was charasmatic. He was bigger than life. He rocked. It was a great show. If he had a concert in my backyard today, I would hide in my basement with the doors locked.

I want to remember being a young person. In order to do that, I don't want to be around OLD people doing things that YOUNG people do. I leave the live "rock n' roll" for those who should be there, young people. There are few things worse than these reunion concerts for long gone rock bands. I am trying to think of something worse...Got one: Cancer. Can't think of another on short notice.

I don't want to be reminded that I don't rock. I don't watch "Old-Timer's" games. Shame on these bands, Def Leppard, the Police, the ROLLING STONES, for the grand larceny that they are pulling on their "fans." Stop it. Better to have pulled a John Bonham, lose a member to choking on vomit, and burn out. Instead, these bastards think that we still need them. So, they pull all these baby boomer losers into a crappy outdoor venue and regurgitate their 20 year-old hits. Worse, they play "new" music. Ugh, stay gone. Hey, middle aged man, better to rip "Zenyatta Mondatta" into the I-pod and keep it to yourself.

I don't apply this theory to all music or all bands. Obviously, Tom Petty, Neil Young, U2 and other bands have been relevant and continue to bring new and interesting music to the world. They are not the problem. As for the real culprits, well, we all know who they are. I only wish Axl did.

No comments: