Friday, October 3, 2008

Chicago Baseball...Catch the Fever

As our two baseball teams crap in their respective hats, it's a perfect time to cuddle up with some football. There has been a game on every night this week. I haven't watched them, but I love the effort. It is my gridiron security blanket. When I need it, it's there. So dependable, my blanky.

Cub fans gotta be feelin' the pain. It's one thing to get beat, but to play as bad as they have (errors & walks) really hurts. Too bad. As for the Sox...they have no clutch in them.

Tommie Harris got suspended because he is never on time. He thinks he is bigger than the program. I am losing faith in this guy by the day. He can't stay on the field, and he has a big mouth. He bitched at management for cutting Mark Bradley loose. Tommie, lay off the talent evaluation. Bradley produced nothing but stomach cramps. He was another guy who couldn't stay healthy, get open or catch. Tough traits for a receiver. Harris needs to shut up and play. Lovie needs to shut him down if he is injured. I hate the fact that the Bears play this cloak-and-dagger game with injuries. If the dude is hurt, I want to know. I think if you give a guy $10 million, he can get to meetings and treatment on time. Be a professional.

Michael Lombardi of National Football Post called out Bernard Berrian for his inability to hold on to the ball. I called this one. Berrian was going to get overpaid. He is not a big time playmaker. He is a straight ahead, fly pattern, speed receiver. He is not dynamic and not worthy of the millions Minnesota gave him. You had to let him go. He is no better than what we have right now. Jerry Angelo, this is not a compliment.

Our player evaluation is so much stronger on the defensive end than the offensive end. I see Corey Graham, Nick Roach, Marcus Harrison all get plugged in and produce. On offense, we can't get any depth in the talent pool. They got it right with Forte. They finally put in Beekman. This is good. By the way, on Sunday night when we had third and seven and needed a first down late in the game, Forte got 10 yards right over Beekman. You got to play the Boston College O-lineman. They are tough sons of bitches. The Bears should know this.

Anyway, I want Brandon Rideau activated for this week. Let's see what he can do. In several preseasons, this guy went up and caught the ball. He scores touchdowns. I don't believe these coaches when they say that this kid is not ready. I trust they believe he could be or why would he be on the team. Throw him the ball. It can't hurt.

Be prepared for the endless game vs. the Lion. Kitna may throw the ball a Greise-like 70 times. It will be a slow clock.

No comments: