Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Roller Coaster of Love (for now)

I enjoyed the game Sunday night. It was, for me at least, the most entertaining Bear game I have seen in a while. A great defensive effort with benefits-3 Bear offensive touchdowns. The offense has had one putrid half, the 1st half vs. Tampa Bay. Other than that, they are giving me more on offense than I expected. Many analysts say that the Eagles gave it away, that we got lucky. Whatever. We beat a good team. We played really hard for 4 quarters. We got a first down at the end of the game when we needed one badly. We drafted a very good running back. All that is cause to celebrate for 15 minutes.

Orton can really see the field. He does not always make the best throw, but at least he is finding the right receiver. After four weeks of watching him, I can say that it was the right call to start him over Grossman. A real easy call, actually.

Great crowd. Not an empty seat in the house, loud, everyone stayed till the end and pretty well-behaved. Not as much sloppy drunkenness as in the past. My crowd got a little unruly when they were informed that I forgot to bring the buns. What a bonehead. However, after the orgy of grilled encased ground meats, I was propelled back to the throne. Sausage-There is No Substitute.

Nothing would throw the momentum right into the abyss more than a less-than-stellar effort against the Lion in Detroit on Sunday. We need to come out smokin', just like this past Sunday night. I love the opening three-play touchdown drive. Wow! Who were those guys?

The Sox are roaring into the playoffs after an exciting, white-knuckler last night. I applaud the "Black Out" attire concept with one caveat. Is the all-black clothing an effective intimidation tactic during a night baseball game. Did the Twins say to themselves, "I can hear these fans, but where are they?" Purely from a fashion standpoint, black is very slimming. This is a plus for most southsiders, considering their love of encased ground meats. I bet the folks at the game were feeling thin and sexy. Good for them.

I endorse playoff baseball. I encourage you to go ahead and watch...it's O.K. It's exciting stuff. If the Sox lose early, I want the Cubs to win it all. It will be months of pure hell, but eventually that will blow over. Then they can shut the fu&* up about the curse, Bartman, and the wait till next year bullshit that they have been spewing during my 42 years of life. It needs to end and end soon. So, if it must be so, then GO CUBBIES! You know, Lou Pineilla should go to the black. It would help him out way more than the home white with pinstripes or those (Ugh!) very unflattering road grays.

1 comment:

Colleen Howell said...

I was feeling slim, sexy, and COLD on Tuesday. During a food run and true to Southside form - Keith asked me to get him a brat, polish, or anything in a bun. HAHAHA!

Go Bears! Go Sox! It's been a great couple of days!