Monday, August 20, 2007

Gross.

All right, you can't fumble snaps. You can't. Ever. Never. Ever. It's like misspelling your own name. Once September 9th rolls around, I better not see that. No snap...no contract.

Now for something completely different. Peyton Manning is so good at taking advantage of what you do well, he forces you into changing your scheme. Manning forces the Bears out of the Cover-2. The Bears played man-to-man on that drive where Harrison and Wayne seemed to get tons of cushion. You cannot roll up and bump those two; they are too good. The Bears will concede the yardage between the twenties, try to shorten the area in which those two can roam and take their chances. I want to hate Manning, but he is too goddamn good. He is so frustrating to watch when he plays your team. He makes you feel as if you have no chance.

I did not see the Bears run anything but vanilla offense with the firsts. No slot with Olsen, no real downfield attempts. It's practice, I guess. I notice that they never seem to run the slants with Rex. He might be too short for that throw. I would hate to think that was true. Griese gets that call alot. I still believe that you can't win without a QB that can put pressure on the opposing defense. You just can't have him lose games. He is testing my faith. Like a pedophile priest.

No comments: