Tuesday, August 28, 2007

A Well Attended Practice

Another full house at Chase Field at Soldier Field at the former site of the Old Soldier Field Stadium for the 3rd practice game. Our Bears scored 31 points in the first half. In the past ten quarters at home over the past three seasons, the Bears have outscored the 49ers, 389-13 or something like that. Also, Nathan Vasher returned a missed field goal 105 yards for a touchdown against the Niners three years ago. That occurred with 20 seconds to go in the first half of that game. Many fans missed that play because they sprinted to the bathroom lines. Some advice: drink less-watch more football.

It was great to be in the south lot for the tailgating. One problem, the parking police put us in front-gating position. This sucks. You spend a lot of money for that parking. You park in that lot to tailgate. Allow our tail to be gated. My kids love to sit on the open trunk bumper (don't ask me why), and I want to afford them this ridiculous but necessary pleasure. Nevertheless, I enjoy being around lit grills and semi-lit fans. My rub was in good form, but I will not buy my pork chops from Jewel again. I know this yet I did it anyway. I blame the weight loss. Still cannot beat the Johnsonvilles.

Question: Why four preseason games?
Answer: 2 soft drinks and a cotton candy...$17.50.

Lance Briggs can't drive but boy, can he play. I can just picture old Lance getting that $1,000,000 check from the Bears and running off to the expensive car dealer and pulling a Tony Montana. "How much for this one?...Is that all? Allright, Manny, bulletproof this, here, this. And get me one of those scanners. And one of those scramblers for those satellites. What, gun-turrets are extra? You're a funny guy." Lance is looking to land one of those "lady-tigers." Just don't ask Urlacher to set you up.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Quote of the day: "I enjoy being around lit grills and semi-lit fans."

Fantastic.

Beth said...

Quote of the day: "I enjoy being around lit grills and semi-lit fans."

Fantastic.