Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Hey Lovie, I'm Not Booking a Trip to Arizona in February

The Post-Rex era begins in earnest. That is what the people and, most likely, the Bears players wanted. I wanted it too, but that doesn't mean that I feel good about it. In fact, I am upset and a little nauseated. The fact that this move to Griese had to happen is a bad thing for my team. Bad in many ways.

1. We spent a first round draft pick and paid for a franchise quarterback. The pick has busted. We have wasted five years on this guy, declining to develop another young QB and now our franchise is as well off as a Krispy Kream franchise. No value. Rex will be gone before June 1, 2008. Sayonara.

2. The "Rexplacement" will now highlight, to all you non-stop Rex-bashers, the lack of talent on this offense. Let's face it, Lovie and Angelo rolled the same beat up Ford out to camp, didn't give it a tune-up, threw a fresh coat of paint on it (Hester?) and tried to sell it to us as a new, sexy BMW. They stink. The QB is only one of the stinkees. The line cannot block, the receivers cannot get open nor catch and the backs are slow and fumble-prone. I am visualizing the next "wasted first-round draft pick blog entry" AKA "Cedric the Unentertaining." The horror.

3. It took so long to get to this finger-in-the-dike benching that we have practically killed our once stout and proud defense. Six starters are down because that offense could not stay on the field. Griese will move the chains, get some positive field position and protect the ball. Can he get us points? With what we have left on D, those poor slobs are going to get scored upon. We have to score on offense. I am not taking the over.

4. We are not going back to the Super Bowl. We will have to fight for the NFC North. We will not have a home playoff game. I hate writing this stuff, but it's true.

We have not made a halftime adjustment, ever. The one great second half the Bears have played under the current administration was in the NFC title game. The players responded to the Reggie Bush taunt and beat the Saints ass in the fourth quarter. Name me one other game where the Bears outplayed the opponent in the second half. I'm still waiting.

I hate Smith and Turner. They decided that it was O.K. to go with this pile of crap. They cannot evaluate offensive talent. If you cheered for another team, what player on this offense would you love to have? See what I mean? I only say this because I want you to understand...this benching is a season killer. And I want you to be as sick about it as I am.

No comments: