Thursday, September 20, 2007

The True Test

A true athlete or competitor knows when the crucial moment of a game or a season is upon them. It is a moment when one understands that the next play or minute will decide the outcome of the contest. If they don't know or realize the moment, they will lose. On Sunday, the Bears have such a moment. The Dallas game will expose what kind of team that we have. When you watch this game understand that you are watching a season-defining game. It will truly be a revealing night.

This is also a season-defining tailgate for me. The pressure is palpable. I will not be attending many games this season. I also will not be cooking with the kind of motivation that I will have on Sunday. I aim to please my guests with a full yet diverse menu. I promise I will not "Bad Rex" this opportunity to grill.

If you are watching on television, may I suggest a "Rex" drinking game. Every time the announcers mention Grossman and the reference is not in regard to a play that is happening or has just happened, you must drink. In preperation for this game, please purchase a large amount of your favorite alcoholic beverage and prepare to use a sick day on Monday. You think the guy hung a dog or something. He is just a lousy football player.

As predicted, Tank Johnson got a job in the NFL. This should be no suprise because Leonard Little always had a job, and he killed a human being. The only way to be banned from the league is to bet on another player killing more than one human being while that player is using a banned substance.

No comments: